How can you translate the speed and agility of a super sports car into a watch? How can you let it breathe that sheer excitement that many people have when they see, hear and smell an exotic car? At Roger Dubuis, they have no problem capturing the essence of it all, which is fortunate as they have a partnership with two of the most iconic names in the car industry: Pirelli and Lamborghini. A watch that explains best how they achieve this is inspired by the latter and named the Excalibur Aventador S
To create this watch, Roger Dubuis did forgo the usual complications and opted for two balances, placed at a 90° angle and linked with a differential. This forms the input for the dead-beat seconds hand, and of course the hour and minute hand. The result is a watch that not only looks exotic but in which its exotic looks actually serve a purpose, and contribute to a more precise way of keeping time.
In that way, this Roger Dubuis is rather similar to the car that gave its name, the Lamborghini Aventador S. Yet this is not the only similarity between the two mechanical marvels. Just like Lamborghini has also Roger Dubuis embraced new materials to make its watched lighter yet stronger. Just as the chassis of the Aventador S is also the case of the Roger Dubuis made from C‑SMC carbon. Weight is even further reduced by skeletonizing the case where possible, and that makes it that it wears surprisingly light despite its generous diameter of 45mm.
Color can do a lot for a car, but for a watch as well. Technically both Excalibur Aventador S watches are identical, yet they look quite different. The green version is a boutique exclusive, limited to only 8 pieces, and uses a monochrome theme to really set off the bright green color of the many details in and outside the watch. How different is the other Excalibur Aventador S, where red and neptune blue highlight various aspects of the watch, creating a very vibrant piece of mechanical art, and a true testimony that the sense of speed can be captured in a wrist watch!
- Bugatti Divo Makes Its World Debut At Quail In Monterey
- Four Watches For Which Understated Is No Overstatement
- Oceanco And Ken Freivokh Unveil World’s Largest Sailing Superyacht
- 4 Watches For Women Who Mean Business
- Pushing The Envelope To The Next Level (Again)
- IWC Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar Chronograph
- Girard Perregaux Neo-Tourbillon Skeleton with Three Bridges
- Thin Is In! Bvlgari And The Battle For Having The Thinnest Mechanical Watches
- Pininfarina Designs First Princess R Class Performance Yacht
- Watch Brands Take Advantage Of Titanium