Two hundred and eighty years is pretty big as far as milestones go. So, given that Jaquet Droz is marking the big two-eight-o this year, you’d expect them to have a few tricks up their sleeve … and you wouldn’t be disappointed. They’ve released this special version of their signature watch — the Grande Seconde Tribute, a limited edition of 88 pieces cased, for the first time, in yellow gold. The original precious metal is perfectly paired with the warm ivory tones of the Grand Feu dial, printed with the characteristic dual dials — including the oversized seconds hand that gives the watch its name. It’s a design that is quite timeless, yet not old-fashioned, due in no small part to the fact that Jaquet Droz has executed the whole affair with restraint and taste. I particularly liked that the individual number of the watch (5 in this case) is printed on the dial. Classy stuff.
Jaquet Droz Grande Seconde Tribute
Jaquet Droz Grande Seconde Tribute, in yellow gold, $28,650.
- HANDS-ON: Gorgeous and grey – the Bulgari Octo Roma
- WHO TO FOLLOW: @WatchPartsMotorCycles – a guy who bought a watch with gold bullion
- ANNOUNCING: If you’re thinking about buying an Autavia, now is the time to move – our Collector’s Packs are on sale today
- EDITOR’S PICK: This Longines is Legen … wait for it … Dary!
- NEWS: You’ve got 3 days to bid on some exceptionally limited Longines to support Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf’s charities
- EDITOR’S PICK: Everyday heroes – 8 watches you can wear all day, every day
- EDITOR’S PICK: Looking back at Blancpain’s commitment to the ocean for World Oceans Day
- LIST: The entire T+T team tackles the fantasy $20K watch collection challenge …
- EDITOR’S PICK: Date night – in defence of the date window
- INTRODUCING: Getting your hands on the First Omega Wrist-Chronograph is pretty much impossible