So, you’re interested in a TAG Heuer Carrera? Great! But I’m afraid I’m going to need a lot more information. Are you into modern, larger watches? Do you prefer time-only or complications? Ceramic or steel? Do you like Pandas?
Because where once ‘Carrera’ was code for sporty, broadly classic-looking chronographs, it can now encompass some decidedly not-vintage inspired designs such as the Heuer-01, and the futuristic Heuer-02 range. So, how do you break down in your mind the three distinct pillars of product in the Carrera family? With Chris Hemsworth of course.
His movies are remarkably — and reliably — analogous to the types of watches on offer.
- HANDS-ON: Everyday simplicity done right – the Grand Seiko Spring Drive SBGA375
- INTRODUCING: Blancpain makes a splash with the Fifty Fathoms Ocean Commitment III
- WHO TO FOLLOW: @WatchBrisman | Time and Tide Watches
- EDITOR’S PICK: As speculation rises about Idris Elba as Bond, we speculate about 007’s next watch
- LIST: 3 perfect Girard-Perregaux Laureatos for 3 types of Australians
- EDITOR’S PICK: Many ways to Black Bay – a video overview of Tudor’s heritage hero
- EDITOR’S PICK: Throwback fun with the Oris Chronoris
- VIDEO: Jaquet Droz Grande Seconde Tribute
- ANNOUNCING: If you’re thinking about buying an Autavia, now is the time to move – our Collector’s Packs are on sale today
- NEWS: We’ve discovered a new species of watch wearer, and it ain’t pretty