Seiko’s reputation of entry-level automatics matches that with the Glock and its SNZG series of Seiko 5 Sports Automatics match up to that of the good old Glock 17’s stellar reputation. Both combine excellent style to robust durability, accuracy and reliability under the most demanding situations. Just like Glock, Seiko introduced some innovative features in the SNZG series of timepieces and the same way, they have kept the prices reasonable and just like the Glock, they are is favored immensely both by civilians and the military. The Glock tagline of ‘If your primary goes down, you can’t afford to have any doubts about your secondary’ also goes for the Seiko SNZG automatics; both are excellent tools when you want to hit the fields.
Inspired by the military field watches of the WWII era, the Seiko Sports 5 SNZG15 is tough as a nail, yet stylish enough to inspire an equal amount of awe the Glock alike. Wear it to work or wear it for fun, the Seiko 5 SNZG15 is as varied as the Glock itself, despite maintaining the basic note in all the models.
The watch cases of the SNZG series are bigger, thick and robust than their predecessor, the SNK; in simple words, they exhibit a dimension bigger than the old-style men’s field watches, yet stops at the verge of growing outrageously huge, which is kind of a norm today. Brushed at the top and polished on the sides, every SNZG is covered with Seiko’s proprietary Hardlex crystal, providing an extreme and excellent resistance to scratches and resists water up to 100 meters.
However, there is one stark difference the Seiko 5 SNZG has with the Glock design philosophy; its dial design is a bit busy contrary to the cool and calm exterior of the Glock but at the same time, there’s a rather nice arrangement that doesn’t let you get confused with operating options. The SNZG has an outer ring on the dial with prominently numbered markings and an inner ring providing for military time. For the day and date info, the 3 o’clock window offers a clear, legible view.
Inside the Seiko 5 SNZG is an automatic mechanical 7S36 watch movement; accurate and reliable, it doesn’t fluctuate beyond +20 seconds a day during winters and +40 seconds during summers. Nobody is saying it is comparable to the best Swiss and Japanese automatic movements, but it’s more than sufficient accuracy. Compared to any Glock, the 1911 70 Series Gold Cup is more accurate but still, when it comes to field work, the Glock gains an upper hand. And just like a Glock fitted with an extended, high capacity magazine, the 21600 BPH movement of the SNZG offers 40-hours of power reserve.
So! Going for a Glock? Strap on a Seiko 5 SNZG automatic along with!
Watch(es) mentioned in this post are listed below. Click to see details and buy them:
Please follow and like us:
- Hugo Boss – Stunning style and sizzling opulence (Part I) – Mad About Watches
- Casio Watches on Sale – Discount coupon inside!!! – Mad About Watches
- Immensely refreshing! Always – Mad About Watches
- The Mir-Marina song! – Mad About Watches
- A requirement or an extra add-on? – Mad About Watches
- Newsletter : Seiko 5 Sports Automatic SNZF17J1 Watch with Leather/Nato/Canvas straps on sale!
- Orient Quartz Watches On Sale – Additional 10% discount code inside!!! – Mad About Watches
- Blowout Sale on Watches – Up to 75% off with Free Worldwide Shipping! – Mad About Watches
- Orient Sports Automatic Diver’s 200M Power Reserve Japan Made RA-EL0003B00B Men’s Watch| Go beyond the solid looks – Mad About Watches
- Additional 10% off on popular models! – Mad About Watches