Golf is a demanding sport as it requires a combination of power and finesse and extended periods of high concentration. On watches, it puts extra stress because as the club hits the ball, the vibrations can have a negative impact on a mechanical watch. At the same time the watch should also not interfere with the performance of the golfer, especially not when you play at the highest level, such as Dustin Johnson for who Hublot created this exceptional watch.
The Big Bang Unico Golf features a case made from Texalium. This is a material exclusive to Hublot and combines aluminium with carbon fibre. This not only keeps the watch very light, despite its diameter of 45mm but also makes it very strong. The whole watch weights only 98 grams. This is achieved by making no compromises because the Big Bang Unico Golf is even water resistant to 100 meters.
What really sets the watch apart is the unique counter system that allows golfers to keep track of their score while they are playing. Of course, this entire system is mechanical and operated by three titanium pushers. It is very advanced as players can count their strokes with a simple push on the button at two o’clock, and when they have finished the hole, the pusher at four o’clock will advance them to the next. By doing so, it resets the shot counter and advances the hole counter. There is also a separate counter that counts all the strokes of the current game.
When the game has been completed the pusher at eight o’clock will reset all the counters. To prevent that this happens by accident you have to rotate the pusher 45 degrees before it can be operated. The Big Bang Unico Golf shows once again Hublot‘s dedication to creating remarkable, technically advanced watches with a distinct functionality and personality.
- What Makes The Sound Of A Minute Repeater So Magical?
- Moving Into The Future Of An Icon
- Pininfarina Designs First Princess R Class Performance Yacht
- Boeing’s 747-8I VIP Jet: First-Class Reimagined
- Ladies Night! Four Perfect Watches To Party With
- Parmigiani Pershing Chronograph, The Super-yacht For Your Wrist
- Strap On A Square Watch For A Change
- Enter A Mechanical Paradise With The Jaquet Droz Tropical Bird Repeater
- Embraer’s Manhattan Airship Is At Once Art Deco And Modern
- Why Boxing Champ GGG Is One Of The Most Dangerous Men In The World