It can be no secret that Patek Philippe is a brand that gives a slight elevation of the pulse whenever we lay eyes on one. For such exclusive watch manufacture, their collection is surprisingly diverse and large. The same can be said of our list of favourites, although the debate is still going on if not a few other references also deserve to be included as well…..
We don’t discriminate between white, yellow or rose gold; we love them all! The quintessential perpetual calendar with its classical Calatrava case, and beautiful Breguet numerals on the dial. Its dimensions are perfect, with a diameter of 39mm and a height of only 9.71mm. While it comes with a closed case back and a sapphire-crystal case back, we prefer the later so that we can admire the beautiful calibre 240 Q whenever we want.
An annual calendar plus a flyback chronograph is often already enough to entice, but even more so when it comes in a package such as the reference 5960. Its combination of vintage styling elements works very well, especially with the blue dial and red details which makes the overall design much sportier. In that matter, the vintage brown calf strap is a stroke of genius and turns the reference 5960 is a bonafide master piece.
Nautilus or Aquanaut? Many people love both, yet still each has a group of dedicated fans. We find it very hard to resist the reference 5168G, with its white gold case and blue dial and rubber strap. It is the perfect blend of sportiveness and classic delight, brought together in an understated package, yet with a true Haute Horlogerie movement.
I guess our passion for blue dials is becoming evident, yet who can blame us when you look at the beautiful blue to black sunburst dial of the reference 5170P? Its baguette cut diamond hour markers only add to the appeal of this very classical manual wind chronograph. This is Haute Horlogerie, and Patek Philippe, at its best, yet despite its classic elegance a modern beauty with a diameter of 39.4mm
- Red Alert For The Best Sounding Alarm Watches!
- Watch of the Week: F.P. Journe Octa Divine
- Haute Time Talks Heritage with BOVET 1822 Owner, Pascal Raffy
- INFINITI Unveils Speedy Prototype 10 At Pebble Beach
- Travelling Through Asia With The Glashütte Original Senator Cosmopolite
- Hublot Hosts NBA Draft ‘Watch’ Party in NY With Dwyane Wade
- IWC Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar Chronograph
- Greubel Forsey Launches Double Balancier Sapphire
- Breitling Navitimer 8 B01 Chronograph 43
- GMT Watches With Red and Blue Bezels