The heart of Panerai’s line-up has to be the Luminor Base. A 44mm watch with the classic crown guard-equipped Luminor case and not much in the way of frills. White or black dial, white logo or blue, small seconds or not, and a range of strap options. That’s pretty much it. But you know what? It’s all you need. Because this watch (shown here in its black dial, blue logo, small seconds configuration — AKA the PAM 00777) is the core of the brand. Rugged, authentic and no fuss. It’s one watch you can do pretty much anything in. And now you can do it with the in-house P.6000, which gives you 72 hours of autonomy from a single wind — a big step up from its ETA-based predecessor. Pure Panerai just got even better.
Panerai Luminor Marina Logo 3 Days Acciaio – 44mm (PAM 00777) Australian pricing
Panerai Luminor Marina Logo 3 Days Acciaio — 44mm, on fabric strap, $6900.
- VIDEO: The stripped-back Santos – Cartier’s Santos de Cartier Skeleton
- LIST: 3 watches perfect for the Pitti Uomo Peacock, and 2 that will work in the real world
- HANDS-ON: The Montblanc TimeWalker Manufacture Chronograph for the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- INTRODUCING: Blancpain makes a splash with the Fifty Fathoms Ocean Commitment III
- EDITOR’S PICK: GMTs are dynamite in 2018! Here are some of the best
- EVENT: 3 ‘Very Rare’ moments, according to Moser’s Bertrand Meylan
- INTRODUCING: Three times the charm – the Franck Muller Vanguard Master Banker Skeleton
- SPOTTED! BY AG: Dispatch 11, June 2018
- EDITOR’S PICK: As speculation rises about Idris Elba as Bond, we speculate about 007’s next watch
- WHO TO FOLLOW: @WatchBrisman | Time and Tide Watches