Regular readers will be unsurprised to learn that we’re card-carrying fans of Moser’s Pioneer line here in the T+T office. Not only does it offer a dressed-down, somewhat less aristocratic option to the Moser family, but it also adds the joy of a steel case. Because while gold is very nice indeed, sometimes you’re happy to ditch the heft and shine in favour of something a little more hard wearing. Now, though, we’re in something of a quandary – blue or green? It was a simpler time when there was but one Pioneer Centre Seconds, with its luscious blue dial. But, with the addition of this Cosmic Green dial, we’re spoiled for choice. The green is somewhat more outré than the blue, and wouldn’t look out of place in the Emerald City. It’s certainly not a watch you’ll miss on the wrist – the large case size, incredible fumé finish and the vibrancy of the green ensure that. The original Pioneer is the slightly more conservative older brother to the funkier, fresher Cosmic Green. So really, at the end of the day it comes down to personal preference and mood. In the time I’ve been writing this, I’ve been trying to work out if I prefer the blue or the green – I’m still no closer to deciding. All I can say is that it’s a very pleasant problem to have.
H. Moser & Cie. Pioneer Centre Seconds Cosmic Green Australian pricing
H. Moser & Cie. Pioneer Centre Seconds Cosmic Green, $18,850
- BREAKING NEWS: Is the Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday II” going to drop today?
- VIDEO: The detail in the deep blue dial – Seiko’s Shippo Enamel SPB073
- HANDS-ON: The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Double Balance Wheel Openworked
- OPINION: There are 3 types of watch wearers, which one are you?
- EDITOR’S PICK: This Longines is Legen … wait for it … Dary!
- EDITOR’S PICK: Looking back at Blancpain’s commitment to the ocean for World Oceans Day
- EDITOR’S PICK: What’s cooler than being cool? The Grand Seiko SBGA211 Snowflake
- EDITOR’S PICK: The evolution of Chanel’s in-house watchmaking
- HOW TO: Wear a watch like nobody is watching, featuring Jeff Goldblum, Tim Cahill and Serena Williams
- LIST: Out of the closet and onto the wrist – 6 of the best skeleton watches