Urwerk’s latest Kryptonite UR-105CT model is an extension of an existing line with new luminescent material and a movement that has been reworked. The wandering hour display, in particular, has been redesigned in a way that makes it lighter yet more rigid.
To view the movement, you slide the catch on the top of the hunter style case (39.5 mm x 17.8 mm x 53 mm), and the hinged cover opens. The case is made of titanium, that’s coated with a black AlTiN treatment and the case is water-resistant to 30 meters.
The movement features circular graining, sanding, brushing, and chamfered screw heads. And most notably, the hours and minutes have been painted with a bright green luminescent material, as has the fixed minute scale. To provide a slight contrast, the digital seconds and power reserve indication have been painted with a blue luminescent material.
As usual, the movement, used by numerous other Urwerk watches, has two pneumatic turbines on the back govern the self-winding rate, which can be set with a lever. In the “FULL” position, the slightest movement of the wrist is harnessed to rewind the barrel springs. Turn the lever to “STOP” to disengage the automatic system and wind up the UR-105 using the crown. If you are particularly active, select the intermediate position, RED (for reduced). This engages the turbines to dampen the winding rotor and avoid overstressing the mainspring.
There is really not a whole lot of newness to this piece, apart from the reworked carousel, it’s mostly a just a new version of an existing model, however, when the watch is already vastly different than anything out there, why alter it significantly.
Retail is CHF 65,000. Learn more at Urwerk.
- Tudor MT5612 – Professional Watches
- How Rolex Helps To Shape Up The Next Generation Of Golf’s Greatest
- Watch of the Week: Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronograph
- Zenith Debuts New Defy Classic Collection Worldwide
- Richard Mille Unveils RM 25-01 With Sylvester Stallone
- For The Love Of Gold!
- Watches of Switzerland is coming to New York
- Hublot Hosts NBA Draft ‘Watch’ Party in NY With Dwyane Wade
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Golf
- Five Of The World’s Most Iconic Luxury Superyachts