Look, I get it if gold watches aren’t for you, I do, but I would encourage you to explore outside the confines of your usual collecting aesthetic. Have some fun. Watch appreciation (and the coverage therein) is often a bit too serious, often pedantic, and at times myopic. So get outside your comfort zone, work on that tan, and think about buying a dumb shirt just to pair it with a really fun watch. The Mido Commander Shade, in gold or steel, is a watch I really genuinely enjoy. It wears well, looks great, and should fit well as the wildcard in a wide range of collections, especially those that don’t typically go gold.
For more information, visit Mido online.
- The FHH Weighs In On The Year’s Biggest Watch Trends
- The Breguet Le Réveil Du Tsar Reference 5707ER With Enamel Dial
- Review: The Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Automatic
- The Horological Society Of New York To Hold Weekend Classes In Toronto
- A Look Inside The Audemars Piguet Archives
- The TRIWA Humanium Metal Initiative Watch
- Rolex Submariner Sells For Over $1,000,000, Becoming The Most Expensive Sub Ever
- A 1970s Heuer Autavia ‘Viceroy’ Ref. 1163V, A 1970s O – HODINKEE Shop
- A. Lange & Söhne CEO Wilhelm Schmid Talks Cars, Watches, And Concorso
- The Horological Society Of New York To Hold Weekend Classes In Philadelphia