On Friday June 15th, Haute Living celebrated Lang Lang’s Haute Time cover debut along with family and friends at the 1 Hotel Central Park. Just steps from the iconic New York Central Park, guests were invited to the nature-inspired urban oasis where they dined on an extensive menu, which included marinated beet & heirloom apple salad, jamb chicken, potato gnocchi, grilled tilefish, wilted greens and more.
In Haute Time’s exclusive cover story with the world-renowned pianist, Lang Lang revealed how his arm injury, which resulted in a year-long recovery, was just what the musician needed for some time of reflection. It was during this period where he discovered his second act, which includes continuing his philanthropic work with his personal charity, the Lang Lang International Music Foundation.
He also spoke about his recent collaboration with luxury Swiss watchmaker, Hublot. He has partnered with the esteemed brand to create two of his own personal avant-garde timepieces—Classic Fusion Ceramic Ultra-Thin Lang Lang—one of which he proudly sported on the night of the celebratory dinner.
Having opened its doors in August 2015, 1 Hotel Central Park seamlessly combines green design and luxury for a one-of-a-kind experience, a dream made tangible across all property elements.
While guests continued to dine, New York-based artist Shawn Kolodny presented an incredible customized painting for Lang Lang that was commissioned by Haute Living.
Notable guests included Paolo Zampoli, the Carpenters: David, Sean and Laura, Avra Jain, artist Shawn Kolodny, Paul Schindler, and Stefanno Pileggi.
The evening did not just include a cover celebration, but a very special birthday celebration for Lang Lang, who had just turned 36. He celebrated with a special cake to conclude the beautiful evening.
- What Happens When Brands Give Ladies Watches A Serious Mechanical Movement?
- One-On-One With Colombian Soccer Star/Hublot Friend James Rodríguez
- Oceanco And Ken Freivokh Unveil World’s Largest Sailing Superyacht
- Haute Time’s Favorite Watches From MB&F
- #TBT Stumbling Onto a Vintage Mulco Chronograph
- When More Is More: A Spectrum Of Rainbow Watches
- Travelling Through Asia With The Glashütte Original Senator Cosmopolite
- Watch of the Week: Santos de Cartier Skeleton
- Five Of The World’s Most Iconic Luxury Superyachts
- Swing That Bling! The Most Epic Watches With Diamonds