Last night, basketball fans across the country excitedly turned on their televisions and tuned into the NBA Draft to see which young hopefuls made it to the big leagues this time around. But a select group had the opportunity to view the draft in style at Hublot‘s ‘Watch’ Party with brand ambassador Dwyane Wade, in the Sunken Living Room of New York City’s members-only club, Spring Place.
President of Hublot North America Jean-François Sberro opened the evening by making a speech. “It has been a pleasure to have Dwyane Wade on Team Hublot for the past seven years,” he began. “It is through this partnership that Hublot brings the ‘Art of Fusion’ to the world of professional sports. Wade is a celebrated NBA Finals MVP, Olympic Gold Medalist, three-time NBA Champion and philanthropist whose athletic prowse and passion for style and luxury timekeeping perfectly embodies the values of the Hublot brand. Tonight, we are thrilled to have Wade in New York City following another incredible season with the Miami Heat, where we are joined by VIPs and friends of the brand to watch the 2018 NBA Draft.”
Wade himself then took the stage, where he answered audience questions and reflected on his partnership with Hublot over the years. “Fashion and style have always been important to me; they are part of my day-to-day life. Working with Hublot over the years has allowed me to incorporate my own personal sense of style into my designs and brought a much deeper understanding and appreciation for the watchmaking industry. We have been great partners since 2011 and tonight, I’m excited to join the Hublot team to watch the 2018 NBA Draft with close friends of the brand.”
A proud partner of Wade since 2011, Hublot and the basketball superstar collaborated on two, limited-edition timepieces: the King Power “D-Wade” and the Classic Fusion Dwyane Wade. As the Draft continued, guests watched and mingled, whilst enjoying libations from the onsite bar and passed hors d’oeuvres.
- Five Of The World’s Most Iconic Luxury Superyachts
- Zenith Defy Classic pricing – Professional Watches
- Shepard Fairey X Hublot’s Big Bang Meca-10 Shepard Fairey
- Professional Watches – Hamilton Khaki Field Day Date Auto “Camouflage”
- The Artistry Of Enamel Watch Dials
- Traveling With A Travellers Watch
- Urwerk Kryptonite UR-105CT – Professional Watches
- Haute Time’s Favorite Watches From Panerai
- Richard Mille Unveils RM 25-01 With Sylvester Stallone
- Watch of the Week: F.P. Journe Octa Divine